Our client is an international operator in logistics providing a high level of service and added value to its clients.
The Application Development Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise the activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organisational information systems and software applications.
The ADM is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
Current technologies in use:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience managing/directing software development projects and/or teams including three (3) years of experience with object oriented and functional programming and big data
- Additional experience may be considered as a substitution for the education requirement
- Experience working with Scrum or other Agile development processes
- Experience with one or more common databases and / or data modelling tools (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB…
- Experience with either Linux and / or Windows operating systems
- Experience with one or more real-time communication (e.g. RESTful APIs, WebServices, WebSockets).
- Understanding of data security and best practices for balancing availability with security
- Experience coordinating, planning and organising upgrades of systems and technology
- Experienced in designing and possesses ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions
- Experienced with planning changes in a timely way so that the overall organisation can make progress before completion