Our client works in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – valuing teamwork above specialisation.
The role and responsibilities:
Supporting a dynamic trading business by providing effective functional solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be exposed to real business requirements directly with key users.
The successful candidate will be expected to learn about the physical commodities trading business and gain a deep understanding of company processes and data.
On-the-job training will be provided through a series of progressively challenging tasks assisting experienced business analysts.
- Troubleshooting issues with reports, data and system workflows
- Identify/design sustainable solutions that will drive continuous improvement in controls and efficiency
- Training and assisting users
- Reference data setup and maintenance
- Software testing
The ideal candidate will have worked closely for a minimum of 2-5 years with users of Business Systems and possess the following skills and experience:
- Confident, comfortable communicator with ability to inspire trust from a diverse group of stakeholders including traders, operations and accounting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication
- Strong documentation skills with demonstrable ability to distill and organise unstructured information in a way that brings clarity to business requirements, user procedures, use cases and test plans
- Hands on experience with implementation, functionality and operation of Commodity Transacting & Risk Management Systems (E/CTRM) is beneficial but not mandatory
- Technical fluency with data structures and SQL query language to write data extracts and views
- Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office and specifically strong Excel skills (Get & Transform, Pivot Tables, and Macros)
- Strong teamworker within a distributed team: US and Europe – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to collaborate
- Intellectual curiosity
- Hands on mentality, solution minded and determined to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills with a sharp focus on deadlines
- Disciplined work habits leading by example
- Ability to work independently and know when to ask for help
- You deliver customer value, keep promises and are capable to follow-up on short and strict deadlines
- You share the core values of the business: result-oriented, approachable, service-oriented, honest, enterprising and connecting
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following:
- Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline
- English: Excellent business verbal and written proficiency