Our client is a major Scandinavian bank with the London office focusing on corporate banking.
The London based IT team is in charge of the development and maintenance of the core banking system as well as local IT support.
Right now our client has two openings for RPG developers to continue the development of the core banking system.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with project leaders, business analysts and users to identify current operating processes, clarify program objectives, and solving business challenges based on user specifications
- Analysis of business requirements as specified by user departments to produce program/system specifications on an ad hoc basis
- Carry out program coding/system testing, oversee user acceptance testing and go-live procedures in accordance with the software development standard currently in force
- Act as a backup for the incident and support function of the unit
- Participate in the End Of Day on call rota
- Proficient within IBM RPG in all different implementations from RPG111 to free format ILE.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- RPGLE, SQL, Screen Design and Database concepts on the IBM iSeries / AS400 platform
- Technical knowledge of:
- AS400 developer, RPG language, SQL
Other desirable qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Expertise on the iSeries/OS operating system
- Experience of IBIS or other mid-range banking systems
- Banking knowledge of credit and lending, accounting and payments
- Regulatory understanding such as AML concepts and GDPR
- MQ knowledge
- Command language programming
- Network administration skills
- Problem Resolution: investigating issues and determining/implementing solutions
- System specification/documentation: write up documents of system changes
- Structured and analytical working style
A qualified candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills while functioning effectively under time constraints in a dynamic environment where quality results are imperative. They will also demonstrate enthusiasm to learn and have a flexible attitude.