Great opportunity to join a rapidly growing, global IT services provider!
The Senior Systems Engineer role provides Infrastructure project work and support to clients and is responsible for organising complex activities for IT development, project coordination, implementation, and maintenance of technology project initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing IT support to the financial services industry and have worked for a Managed Services Provider (MSP).
The role and responsibilities:
- Act as an escalation point for matters concerning issues assigned to Server Administration team
- Support anti-spam, web-filtering, network perimeter defense appliances and remote access solutions
- Manage and support storage and virtualisation platforms
Supporting Severs, Active Directory, Exchange, and handling all phases of support, migrations and upgrades
- Coordinate any and all network related work with Network Engineering, Telephony, Provisioning or any
other relevant IT infrastructure groups
- Maintain service levels SLAs and interdepartmental OLAs
- Work with clients to determine their needs and assess solutions for improving delivery processes
- Maintain high level communication with client on status of project or service tickets
- Work with creating and documenting proper standard operating procedures, to be shared with team.
- Handle all infrastructure related questions for client during duration of project
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines, while maintaining high standards. Including ability to
provide updates and documentation as requested
- Work directly with vendors on third party server/software deployment
- Work on new Project Plan design, and overhaul
- Gather requirements relating to new projects such as onsite infrastructure deployment, relocations, cloud provisioning etc.
- Work closely with technical colleagues to develop client solutions
Ideal candidate profile:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience.
- Experience managing complex technical development projects involving integration of multiple systems.
- Good understanding of existing network programs and capabilities.
- Skilled in technical crisis management.
- Experience with scripting in PowerShell
- 6-10 years of hands-on experience configuring and supporting Microsoft operating system based servers
- Expert knowledge in:
o Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy Administration
o Virtualization: Vmware; AWS; Azure
o Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365
o MDM Solutions (Active Sync, Intune, MobileIron, Airwatch)
- Supporting various SAN arrays
- Hands on experience with public cloud security including WAF, Load balancing, security groups, ACL’s
- Hands on experience with public cloud networking concepts for both Azure and AWS
- Previous experience in a support role, supporting and deploying infrastructure on Azure and/or AWS
- Expert knowledge in: