Our client works in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – valuing teamwork above specialisation.
The role and responsibilities:
Supporting a dynamic trading business by providing effective functional solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be exposed to real business requirements directly with key users.
The Business Analyst will provide assistance with the implementation of a new Commodity Trading and Risk Management platform for all groups around the world, along with supporting and assisting users with the use of the software.
The successful candidate will be expected to learn about the physical commodities trading business and gain a deep understanding of company processes and data.
On-the-job training will be provided through a series of progressively challenging tasks assisting experienced business analysts.
- Troubleshooting issues with reports, data and system workflows
- Identify/design sustainable solutions that will drive continuous improvement in controls and efficiency
- Training and assisting users
- Reference data setup and maintenance
- Software testing
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Confident, comfortable communicator with ability to inspire trust from a diverse group of stakeholders including traders, operations and accounting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication
- Strong documentation skills with demonstrable ability to distill and organise unstructured information in a way that brings clarity to business requirements, user procedures, use cases and test plans
- Hands on experience with implementation, functionality and operation of Commodity Transacting & Risk Management Systems (E/CTRM) is beneficial but not mandatory
- Technical fluency with data structures and SQL query language to write data extracts and views
- Broad experience with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office and specifically strong Excel skills (Get & Transform, Pivot Tables, and Macros)
- Strong teamworker within a distributed team – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to collaborate
- Hands on mentality, solution minded and determined to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills
- You deliver customer value, keep promises and are capable to follow up on short and strict deadlines
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following:
- Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline
- English: Excellent business verbal and written proficiency