Our client is a truly international organisation working in the commodity-trading sector.
The aim of the IT team is to drive control, efficiency and business intelligence by designing & building software and integrating best-in-class 3rd party solutions.
- Designing, developing, testing and supporting (full-life cycle) proprietary applications and interfaces between applications for a trading environment
- Supporting a dynamic trading business by providing effective technical solutions to end users’ business needs – the successful candidate will be energized by the opportunity to work on real business requirements directly with business people
- Managing the application software environments: installing and/or upgrading business applications, and SQL databases
- Document technical procedures and configurations clearly and completely in the wiki knowledge base
- Perform all the above in close partnership with other developers and business analysts in Luxembourg and New York as part of one global team
Our client works in a small team environment in which the work is shared among the team members, providing an opportunity to collaborate and to learn from one another – they value teamwork above specialization or silos.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications in order of importance:
- Minimum 5+ years experience developing software across a variety of platforms
- Database development on MS SQLServer
- Software integration using ETL tools: SSIS required, Talend desirable
- Programming in .Net and other object-oriented languages
- WebService development experience
- Experience with enterprise reporting platforms like BusinessObjects, SSRS, Cognos is helpful
- Software application deployment and environment management in a Windows, SQL Server and Citrix environment (SDLC)
- Collaborating in a team with other developers, using source code version control tools, project management tools, Jira (or similar) issue tracking tool
- Hands on experience with implementation, functionality and operation of enterprise systems (ERP). Commodity Trading & Risk Management Systems (ETRM/CTRM) desirable but not mandatory. Brady Fintrade is a plus.
Personal & Professional Competencies:
- Strong analytical and business writing skills (English) with precision and attention to detail in all aspects of written and verbal communication
- Strong teamwork within a distributed team in US and Europe – ability to delegate and/or help teammates in equal measure while inspiring teammates to partner and cooperate
- Strong business and vendor relationship skills working directly with commercial, back office, and systems vendor staff
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge
- Demonstrable ability and determination to get to the root of the issue through strong analytical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills with sharp focus on deadlines
- Disciplined work habits leading by example
- Listening before answering
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering or a related discipline
- English: Excellent business verbal and written proficiency
- French is helpful but not required
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience
- It will include a base salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary performance bonus